General Discussion Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Press Release: September 23rd, York, England

Posted by StuartDalby, Tue 23 Sep 2008 5:48 pm
September 23rd, 2008. York, England:

An uneasy calm has descended upon the rear garden owned by Stuart Dalby in York, England today after a possibly groundbreaking agreement was reached between the owner and the ARO, Amphibian Rights Organisation (commonly known as "The Frogs"). Both sides have been sworn enemies since the "BBQed frog" incident of 1999 in which an adult frog died after becoming trapped in the owner's conservatory whilst he went away on holiday. Pressure was mounting on both sides to reach an agreement after a recent up-surge in violence.

On August 22nd, a canine visitor to the house was suspected of murdering and then eating a frog caught by surprise under bushes in the garden. There were no witnesses to the attack but the hound's subsequent illness that day was deemed to strongly indicate her guilt.

Then, on September 10th, tempers were further enraged by the apparent torture before killing of a young frog by a new, feline resident. Both sides expressed disgust after the frog's body, reportedly minus one limb, was found on the lounge carpet by the owner.

However, the helping of a frog earlier this week by the owner was seen by many as the start of a dialog between the two parties and a relaxing of tensions. The baby frog had apparently become disorientated and trapped in the corner of the rear garden for several hours before the owner, using a long-handled spade, was able to relocate it to the relative safety of some nearby bushes.

"That little frog had done nothing to me" said Stuart Dalby. "I just couldn't leave it there to either die or worse still be eaten by Mittens or Suzy." No spokesman for the ARO was available for comment.

Whilst many observers welcome the cooling of hostilities, some suspect that the owner may just be trying to keep his lounge carpet clean.

If you find this information useful, please consider supporting this website.

Posted by sok, Fri 3 Oct 2008 11:45 pm
I love the frog story :)
Though if frogs were actually finding their way into my house I think it would be less cute. bleh.
Posted by StuartDalby, Sun 27 Mar 2011 3:44 pm
March 27th, 2011. York, England:

Celebrations were held last week in York, England to mark the two and a half year anniversary of "Quite Good Tuesday" and the start of the truce between the Amphibian Rights Organisation (commonly known as "The Frogs") and Stuart Dalby (also known in the USA as Mr Stuart Little).

After a nervous start, the truce announced on Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 which was widely regarded by many commentators around the world as fragile, appears to have held.

There have been no new causalities. However, in May 2010, there was fear of a resumption of hostilities following the implication of the owner's cat in a suspected frog harassment case. Mittens, was reported to have been seen by her owner behaving suspiciously around a bush in the rear garden at the time of the alleged assault. However charges were dropped when the owner was unable to swear on oath that he had actually seen a frog being assaulted.

When interviewed on Sunday, owner Mr Stuart Little said "It's an uneasy truce. I'm still not that fond of them. But it's better for us to just keep our distance than return to those dark days." No spokesperson for the Amphibian Rights Organisation was available for comment.

Dignitaries from around the world attended last week's celebrations. However, eyebrows were raised when the owner was presented with a box of edible Dark Chocolate Mint Toads from overseas supporters. "It is important to understand that these are Peppermint Toads and not Frogs" said Mr Stuart Little responding to allegations of bad taste. "These are actually very tasty!" he added.

Want to add a reply? Contact Me