Stuart's Peugeot 306 Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Peugeot 306XL Heater Blower Not Working?

Posted by Bhavick, Tue 7 Feb 2012 6:35 pm
Hi,

I've got a Peugeot 306XL. It's a non air con model and it's an N reg. The heater blower stopped working recently. So i unscrwed the old one located underneath the passenger side footwell and hooked it up to the car battery and it spins fine. Then i read it could be heater switch that might have gone so i unscrewed the dashboard and took the whole heater control pannel and brought another used one from
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 1 posts. I just plugged in the one electrical type cable and i would assumed it would work becasue the rest of the cables control the vents in the car. That didn't work either. We have checked all the fuses in the car and also the few located in the engine bay. I really am stuck now as to what it could be. Any help?

Thanks

If you find this information useful, please consider supporting this website.

Posted by sawls, Tue 7 Feb 2012 10:00 pm
This is a bit spooky because I have the same problem. (Pug 306 xld N reg) I have also tested the heater and it's ok. I have checked the resistor (access via the engine bay, near windscreen wipers) and that 'looks' ok. I didn't have the tool to test power in. From looking at various forum/question/answers it looks like there is a direct positive going to the heater switch from ignition and this commonly fails. I presume it goes behind the dashboard. Also there is a switch which commonly fails under the passenger side wheel arch (take off wheel and plastic covers) but I can't remember the name. That's as far as I've got so far. Matt
Posted by StuartDalby, Wed 8 Feb 2012 10:02 am
I believe the switched positive feed from the ignition switch simply energises a heater blower relay. Once energised, a permanent positive feed from the battery goes via another fuse direct to the blower motor. The other blower motor connection goes eventually to earth via either 1, 2, 3 or 4 blower resistors depending upon the blower speed selector switch.

In my experience, if the switch is at fault, it starts to fail in only 1 or 2 positions. However, if the fan suddenly stops working in all positions, it is either a fuse or the heater blower relay.

Hope that helps,
Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/peugeot306
Posted by sawls, Thu 9 Feb 2012 6:20 am
Thanks Stuart, I'm going to see if I can get hold of another relay. I think it's the top left green one, nearest the steering wheel. Matt

Want to add a reply? Contact Me