Stuart's Bosch Tassimo Hot Drinks Machine Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

How to repair broken TAS4011 coffee maker?

Posted by private, Sat 8 Sep 2012 9:33 pm
Hiya - hope you can help...I have an 'ex display' Bosch Tassimo TAS4011 coffee maker which I had from ebay and has turned out to be faulty. However seller gave me my money back and told me to keep it (not worth the courier fees). The faults are a leak from the valve in the water tank (leaves a small pool of water after a few mins) and the start button does not depress. So I haven't even got past the initial cleaning process as I can't get it started due to the button not activating. I'm just wondering if it is worth repairing - any suggestions?
Thanks Jenny
Posted by StuartDalby, Sun 9 Sep 2012 9:20 am
Hi Jenny,

If it was me I would open the machine up (see guide on my web site on how to do this) to check if there is anything obviously wrong. Right now the machine is unusable and you have got your money back so there is nothing to loose.

The start button is soldered directly onto a circuit board behind so unfortunately you cannot try just replacing that. If you are good with a soldering iron you could perhaps check for and maybe fix a dry solder joint.

Whilst you are inside you could also check if there are any loose connections. Make sure you remove the mains plug before doing this.

The leak from the water tank would be annoying unless fixed. Perhaps it could be fixed with some sealant?

Failing that, I'm not sure what else you can do. In my experience, these Tassimo machines are quite fragile and are not meant to be repaired if broken. However, if you treat them well they will last several years. If you still want one, I'd get another one but keep this broken one for spares.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on.

Stuart
Posted by private, Sun 9 Sep 2012 7:26 pm
Hi Stuart

Thanks very much for your guidance. I'll give this a try (with some assistance)!

Cheers
Jenny

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me