Stuart's Peugeot 306 Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Passenger side window won't go down

Posted by private, Sun 7 Oct 2012 1:29 am
Hi there

Wondered if you could help I have a 306 and my passenger side window won't go down will only go up. I have tried a new switch and still the same problem. I have checked continuity of cables from switch to motor and they all seem fine. I took feed straight from battery and put them straight onto motor and it went down so swapped the cables over and it went back up. Have you got any idea why it might not work on the switch?

Many thanks
Jamie

If you find this information useful, please consider supporting this website.

Posted by StuartDalby, Sun 7 Oct 2012 8:46 pm
Hi Jamie,

There are two switches to control the passenger side window: The switch on the passenger door and also the switch on the driver's door. Did you replace the switch on the passenger's door?

The switch on the driver's door (which also controls the passenger door window) passes through the switch on the passenger door. It is possible this switch is faulty and preventing the passenger door switch from being able to control the window motor properly. You could either try a new driver's door switch or test its outputs. There should be one output for passenger window up and another for down.

Hope you are able to follow all that. It's a bit hard to describe. Let me know how you get on, Stuart
Posted by private, Sun 7 Oct 2012 10:14 pm
Hi there

I have recently swapped the drivers door switch as well as passenger one. I will have a look at the out puts on this to see what it is doing.

Thanks for the help

Jamie

Want to add a reply? Contact Me