Stuart's Bosch Tassimo Hot Drinks Machine Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Fill water tank symbol

Posted by jimbhoy, Tue 19 Jan 2016 10:28 pm
The 'fill water tank' symbol lights up even although the tank is full. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

If you find this information useful, please consider supporting this website.

Posted by StuartDalby, Tue 19 Jan 2016 10:56 pm
The water level is sensed by a magnet floating inside a little chamber on the inside of the water tank. I suspect that this float isn't moving freely and is stuck in the low position. Maybe if you give the water tank a little tap it might dislodge it. Either way, it might be worth giving the water tank a good clean.

Hope this helps,
Stuart
Posted by jimbhoy, Wed 20 Jan 2016 9:27 pm
I have tried this Stuart and the float is moving freely. I have also tried cleaning the water tank but still this has not resolved the problem. Do you have any other suggestions ?
Posted by StuartDalby, Wed 20 Jan 2016 10:14 pm
Well that leaves just 2 things. Either the sensor for the magnet float inside the machine is faulty or the control logic of the machine itself is faulty.

As the machine is no good as it is, I recommend you open it up (see http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/miscellaneous/tassimo_repair for how to do this) and bypass the sensor. If that works, you could use it as is (just be careful not to let the water run out), or try to source a replacement sensor (good luck). If that doesn't work, it must be the controlling logic which is faulty and it's not really feasible to replace that.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on,
Stuart

Want to add a reply? Contact Me