Stuart's Bosch Tassimo Hot Drinks Machine Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Tassimo T40 completely dead

Posted by private, Sun 29 Jul 2018 2:18 pm Edit | Delete
Hi Stuart,
I need a bit of advice.as you seem to be an expert on these Tassimo machines. Just got back from a 2-week holiday and switched my Tassimo T40 on. Nothing. No lights - completely dead. Took the sides off and checked the voltage at the input to the board - about 60V instead of 220-240V as expected. Removed the blue and red wires from the switch/board and measured 220V coming in from the plug.
Looks like problem somewhere in the machine causing a huge voltage drop?
Any ideas? Should I take to Bosch for repair or try to find a new control board and do it myself?
Your response greatly appreciated.
David
Posted by StuartDalby, Mon 6 Aug 2018 10:24 pm
Hi David,

Sounds to me like your Tassimo machine's control board has failed. This is common and I don't think they are intended to be repaired. I think you would be best getting a new machine. In my experience these machines have a limited lifespan and if they are still working after 2 years you are doing well.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can help further,
Stuart
Posted by private, Mon 6 Aug 2018 11:45 pm Edit | Delete
Hi Stuart,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I had a look around on line and found the electronics module here for 54 Euros plus shipping.

https://www.sos-accessoire.com/module-de-commande-tassimo-cafetiere-expresso-bosch-tas4000de-14111-30430-ce-p2.html

I ordered it last week and it arrived this morning.
Took the old one out, stuck in the new one and Hey Presto! Bob's your uncle!
All Good. Made myself a nice cappuccino!

I bought the machine for about £85 back in 2015 and the current price is between £110 - £190 so I reckon it was worth it!

Thanks again
Regards
Dave

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me