Stuart's Bosch Tassimo Hot Drinks Machine Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Spare Part Source

Posted by private, Mon 23 Apr 2012 10:42 pm
Hi Stuart. do you have any idea where to get equivalent parts for the Tassimo T40. i need the internal sensor for the water level magnet. the holder has broken off which i have managed to re-attach but the sensor doesn't operate. unless you put a magnet right against it. i can only assume that the strength is not what it was. I have got a spare water jug magnet so the external magnet is fine but it doesn't operate through the body of the machine.
I suspect a new sensor will fix things - if they are obtainable.

Thanks

Mark.
Posted by StuartDalby, Tue 24 Apr 2012 8:17 am
Hi Mark,

I don't know where you might be able to buy just a new internal water level sensor. This isn't really a common part which needs replacing.

If it was just a new water tank (with magnet) you can buy these quite cheaply on eBay, for example:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bosch-tassimo-water-tank-off-tas4011gb-model-/1209 01378976?pt=Coffee_Machines_Makers&hash=item1c2648a3a0.

Failing that, you could keep your eye out for a used/broken Tassimo machine and scavenge the sensor from that.

Hope that helps,
Stuart
Posted by private, Tue 24 Apr 2012 12:31 pm
Hi Stuart

Thanks for the quick reply. I've managed to cut the tip off the internal sensor and refix everything in place. After various tests it looks like a stronger magnet in the jug will do the trick. So now I'm looking for a floating magnet with a little more pull than the one that gets supplied and I'll be working again.

I wouldn't of got inside it without your page so thanks.

If you've any ideas on where I can get a floating magnet it'd be much appreciated.

Mark
Posted by StuartDalby, Tue 12 Jun 2012 9:33 am
Hi Mark,

Someone else has just contacted me with the same problem. Their solution was to bypass the internal magnet sensor by joining the two wires to the sensor. This appears to have worked. Of course, if you do this, you have to make sure you keep the water reservoir topped up!

Stuart
Posted by private, Tue 12 Jun 2012 9:51 am
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the update. I stayed with glueing the sensor onto the internal wall and managed to pick up some small magnets from Staples. I super glued one of the small magnets onto the one in the jug and that gave me the extra power I needed to operate the low water sensor. All been working fine since I contacted you.
Damn fine coffee too !!

Thanks for keeping me in mind.

Mark.

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me