Stuart's Bosch Tassimo Hot Drinks Machine Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Magnet in water reservoir

Posted by private, Sat 11 Jul 2015 8:09 am
Hi, thanks for the forum, I had trouble getting the thing apart (how did you work that out? :) ).

Re. the problems with Tassimos not recognising water in the reservoir: this is because the magnet in the floating disc inside the reservoir has come off (it's small, and not embedded, and the glue sometimes fails) - typically, people will flush this when they clean the reservoir. You can test this by holding a magnet near where the reed switch sits in the machine, if the red light goes out, the reed switch itself still works. Get a new rare earth magnet and fit it to the floating disc and all will be well, just use glue that isn't poisonous :)
Posted by private, Sat 11 Jul 2015 11:05 am
I spoke too early - the problem wasn't the magnet falling out, it was still there underneath a layer of rust, and no longer strong enough. I used ye olde Dremel to make dig out the old one and enlarge the hole slightly for the new rare earth magnet I bought, and filled it up with silicon kit for kitchens (food compliant). It tried it dry and it works, so it's now a 24h wait to ensure the kit is fully hardened out, then I can put the water tank together and all will be well. Until I run out of capsules for my favourite brew, that is :)
Posted by StuartDalby, Mon 13 Jul 2015 11:23 am
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your comments about your Tassimo machine. I haven't heard of many people experiencing problems with the magnet in the water reservoir but I can imagine a rusted magnet would cause problems. Like you say, if the reed switch in the machine is still working, it should be easy enough to clean/repair the magnet and be able to enjoy your favourite brews once more.

All the best,
Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me