Stuart's Volkswagen Golf Mk 5/V Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Rusty front wings

Posted by private, Thu 23 Aug 2018 10:52 am Edit | Delete
Hi I bought a Mk5 Golf Diesel on an 07, dreaded rusty front wings, took it to Cookes in Fakenham VW dealer told me was all original paint, waited 8 weeks to now be told it's not covered under the 10 year warranty and vw haven't seen my car for 8years so there isn't any customer loyalty from me and this is taken into account, although my car has a full history.
Basically they are saying the corrosion warranty is only 10 years, and the wings come under manufacturers warranty that only last 3 years.
Would appreciate any help cheers Mark
Posted by StuartDalby, Thu 23 Aug 2018 7:30 pm
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your car.

My thoughts are that your car has a 10 year corrosion warranty provided by VW UK. Your claim is with VW UK and not the dealer (although any repair will be done by your dealer on VW UK's behalf). I recommend you contact VW UK and state that you accept that the car is now over 10 years old but that the rust has not suddenly appeared. If you have proof that the rust existed before the car was 10 years old that might help. Other than that I'm not sure what else you can do. You might be lucky to get the full cost of the repair back but you may be able to get a contribution.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how you get on,
Stuart

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me