Stuart's Bosch Tassimo Hot Drinks Machine Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

TAS5542GB only makes single drinks!

Posted by private, Sat 17 Aug 2019 1:27 pm
Tassimo TAS5542GB will read first disc ok and make the drink but won't then read the next one, just sitting with the orange cup symbol on. Eventually it will read it but about 5 mins later. Micro switch is working ok, but when pressing it after the first drink has been made it doesn't light up, as if the machine hasn't reset itself after making the first drink. As it eventually works I'm wondering if something inside is either getting hot or stuck or suchlike and delaying the reset for ages. Switching on and off doesn't make any difference, time seems to be the key thing. Any clues? Many thanks

Nigel
Posted by StuartDalby, Sat 17 Aug 2019 2:27 pm
Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your email. It's an interesting one. I've not heard of this behaviour before. I agree with you that it sounds like something has got hot or stuck or something and this is taking 5 mins to recover. Have you noticed any change in behaviour since when it was working normally? For example, is the water flow rate the same? Is the water produced at the same temperature? I'm just wondering if it is the heating cylinder is overheating or a sensor thinks it is which telling the controlling logic not to allow further brews until it has cooled down. If water flow rate and temperature are normal this might suggest it is the sensor rather than the heating cylinder which is faulty. But finding a replacement and fitting it could be tricky.

Sorry I can't be more help,
Stuart
Posted by private, Sat 17 Aug 2019 4:52 pm
Hi Stuart

Thanks for the reply. It’s an odd and frustrating one for sure, I’m giving it another descale and clean just in case it cures it but as far as I can tell the flow rate and temps are as usual so I think it’s either learn patience or replace it!

Best wishes

Nigel

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me