Stuart's Bosch Tassimo Hot Drinks Machine Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Leaking T47

Posted by private, Thu 19 Sep 2019 1:53 pm
Hi
I have a T47 that leaks water, not while brewing, but afterwards. A typical scenario would have me making my morning cup (without any issue/leaks), heading out for the day and coming home many hours later to find water on the counter and the reservoir bone dry.

I thought it might be the reservoir so I filled it and left it in the sink but it didn't leak a drop. So, the question is essentially, what would cause water to leave the reservoir while the machine is sitting idle?

Thanks
Eddie
Posted by StuartDalby, Fri 20 Sep 2019 10:41 am
Hi Eddie,

Thank you for your email.

It sounds like your T47 has a loose water pipe connection somewhere. When the reservoir contains water and is in place, water will be able to pass between the reservoir and the pipework within the machine. There must be a loose connection somewhere in this pipework which is allowing the water in the reservoir to drain out.

I suggest you open up the machine, fill the reservoir and then just leave it and observe where the water is coming from. Once found, it should be a relatively easy job to tighten the connection with, for example, a cable tie and hopefully no more leaks.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how you get on,
Stuart
https://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/miscellaneous/tassimo_repair
Posted by private, Sat 21 Sep 2019 6:36 pm
Hi Stuart
Thanks for sharing your time and experience! On a whim, I thought I would decalcify the machine before trying your suggestions and the leaking has stopped. I don’t see any reason for that result but that’s what happened. I assume it is a temporary situation and will get into the machine as you suggested to eliminate an internal leak as the issue.

Eddie
I know the truth is out there but I like to stay in.

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me