Stuart's Volkswagen Golf Mk 5/V Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Reset service alarm

Posted by private, Thu 18 Oct 2007 7:32 pm
Hey Stuart

My name is Mark I am from South Africa. I have a 2005 Golf 5 20Tdi.

Would you have any easy instructions how to reset the service alarm, I travel around 200Km per day and my baby’s’ motor plan have already expired. It’s driving me crazy to take it every time to the VW agency and pay a fortune just to rest the car with there diagnostic system after I serviced it.

Regards
Mark
Posted by StuartDalby, Thu 18 Oct 2007 8:54 pm
Hi Mark,

I don't have the exact instructions myself but I know there are some. It involves a combination of turning on the ignition and pressing the trip reset button. Don't guess - do a little internet research and you should be able to find some detailed instructions. It's a common question. If you don't have any luck, let me know and I'll have a look.

A word of warning. Here in the UK we have the option of fixed interval or flexible longlife intervals between services. Fixed interval service means the car wants a service every 10,000 miles/1 year. Flexible interval service means the car analyses your driving and usage and varies the service interval accordingly. This means that you might be able to go 18,000 miles or 2 years between services. If you reset the service indicator yourself, this will automatically switch the car into fixed interval servicing mode.

Hope that helps,
Stuart

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me