Stuart's Volkswagen Golf Mk 5/V Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

How to fold manual door mirrors?

Posted by private, Mon 12 Feb 2018 12:41 pm Edit | Delete
Hi Stuart, i wish to know how to fold the wing mirrors on my 2.0 tdi sportline estate?
The control knob inside does not have the function and i have tried manually, but do not want to force them, am i missing something?
Thanks
Clayton
Posted by StuartDalby, Mon 12 Feb 2018 1:04 pm
Hi Clayton,

Thanks for your email. I don't think you are missing anything.

If the control knob inside does not have the function to fold in the exterior mirrors you should be able to fold them manually. They naturally set in the out position and so there will be a bit of resistance to overcome initially to fold them inward.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how you get on,
Stuart
Posted by private, Mon 12 Feb 2018 1:15 pm Edit | Delete
Thanks for your help....
I also had another weird thing happen yesterday.
Both my indicator lights were on, on my dashboard, permanently!
The car run fine and I got home ok, but I couldn’t access the menu on screen, the fan also kept coming on for 10-20 seconds, then off for a minute then in and off again. It was a weird sounding fan noise from the front of the car?
I locked the car as normal and the lights were still on, on the dash Inside.....
I left it alone for 5 hours and when I returned it was all ok...
I drove to work this morning and all seems to be ok.

I did drive through a puddle yesterday and was wondering if water had somehow penetrated an electrical plug or something???
Very weird......
I can’t seem to find what the 2 indicator lights staying on means? It must have a reason or it wouldn’t do it....
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Clayton 😊
Posted by StuartDalby, Mon 12 Feb 2018 1:30 pm
Hi Clayton,

That is indeed a weird combination of symptoms which is most likely explained by a lot of control modules malfunctioning/failing to communicate properly with each other due to you driving through the puddle. Hopefully things have dried out and are back to normal in which case you have been lucky. Might be worth looking to see if you have any loose connections under the bonnet where water might have got in.

Stuart

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me