Stuart's Volkswagen Golf Mk 7/VII Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Problem with cabin air circulation

Posted by private, Mon 6 Aug 2018 11:01 am Edit | Delete
Hi this is not advice on any extra items which do not appear in the vw Golf handbook but rather a question. I now own a 2016 Golf SV 1.4 tsi Auto. I have previously owned a Golf mk 6 manual with the same size engine. If the car in run and then left switch off for any length of time whilst the engine is still warm when the engine is restarted there is an annoying problem with the cabin air circulation. If you require air at ambient temperature I.e. without switching on manual aircon you cannot get the outside air temperature unless the engine is cool. VW dealerships claim this correct! Any ideas or comments please.
Posted by StuartDalby, Mon 6 Aug 2018 8:04 pm
Hi,

I've not heard of any problems with the heating/ventilation system. In this weather I think it's normal for the system to blow out warm air at first until heat which has built up whilst standing is dissipated. If the engine is started and AC is used you should soon get cool air. That said, I think my car has a few sticking flaps in the climate control system. I plan to try to replace the actuators myself. It's possible your car could have similar problems.

Hope that helps. Let me know how you get on,
Stuart
Posted by private, Tue 7 Aug 2018 4:00 pm Edit | Delete
Hi Stuart
Thanks for the quick response and very good advice which I will look into
Regards
Roy

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me