Volkswagen GTE Advance
On May 12, 2021 I acquired a "67" reg, 2018 model, Volkswagen Golf GTE Advance in Pure White (non-metallic) paint. The car had 1 previous owner and had covered 82,500 miles. Read more.
- Faulty Charge Port Door Lock Actuator, 19 May 2022
- Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator issue, 14 November 2021
- GTE Secrets, 6 October 2021
- Fuel/Energy Consumption, 6 October 2021
- My GTE, 28th June 2021
- My Golf Mk 7 articles
- VW Service Training, Self-study programme 537: The Golf GTE [5.2MB]
Technical description of the differences between the GTE and the standard Mk 7 Golf.
- Volkswagen Group’s MQB plug-in hybrid powertrain; foundation for Golf GTE, A3 e-tron, and more
Excellent, in-depth technical description of the workings of the GTE's BHEV powertrain.
- VW GOLF Owners & Service Manuals
Extensive US maintenance reference but alot of information relevant to UK models. (I find the links on each page distracting so you, like me, may prefer to refer to the sitemap.)
- Speak EV Volkswagen EV Forums
Active EV forum
- Volkswagen Owner's Manuals, You need to enter the registration number of a car registered after November 2018. Since my car is just a bit too old, what I do is use autotrader.co.uk to find a 2018 reg car and enter it's registration number instead.
- VW Golf GTE Production
Watch how the GTE is assembled.
- Cars For Paul: Project Golf GTE
Informative collection of in-depth videos showing the restoration of an accident damaged 2018 GTE.
- Audi Electric Motor Engine Factory - How it's made
I'm assuming the electric motor in my VW is almost identical. Interesting to see how they are made.
Want to comment on this page? Contact Me